747

the best in 1/144 is....? (um, forget the over 100 bucks kits.)

Not the Airfix kit unless they've changed the engines. Filling those open thrust reverser slots is a pain. Otherwise it's not too bad and was, I think, the first kit out.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Revell Germany list a 747 in 1/144 but I`ve no idea how good it is, I`d love to get one as well as I`ve recently found an interest in 1/144 Airliners, Darren

Reply to
<daxx34j

It's the best one available in that scale.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

i'm not really an airliner fan, but i want a present for my dr. he's earned it.

wrote in news:bkd8i7$ff7$ snipped-for-privacy@titan.btinternet.com:

Isn't the Revell kit a -400? The Airfix is a -100. Matters depending on airline and time period. I have a collection of Pan Am's planes and decals for them. I have the Airfix kit and some aftermarket decals.

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost