Re: chrome parts

> > What do you guys do about chrome parts? There isn't chrome on the > > part where the piece was attached to the sprue, so now you have a > > chrome piece with white spots, which get bigger if you sand the part > > at the spot where the sprue was attached. Do you guys just paint them > > in a silver or chrome color? Thanks in advance.

One of our club members shared a great method for chrome with us:

  1. Strip the chrome from the kit part by soaking in diluted PineSol (1:1?)overnight.
  2. Once clean, spray with cheap testors gloss black. Let dry for a few days.
  3. Apply 2 light coats of the Alclad chrome.

You get a realistic chrome finish with some depth in it. Looks great, and is pretty easy!

Reply to
Wedge

Aha a really great tip for me,wich use Bare Metal foil to hide those annoying spots:-) Regards Nightmare

"Wedge" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@post> >

Reply to
Nightmare

Thanks again to the group for once again being so helpful.

Reply to
john smith

What is "PineSol"? (I'm an italian modeller) Pietro

Reply to
Pietro Caltabiano

"PineSol" is an American pine oil-based household cleaner. Whether or not there is an Italian equivelant is up fro grabs. You can also use any caustic-based oven cleaner; spray on, leave overnight, then scrub the parts with a toothbrush and warm water. Wear rubber gloves though, it's nasty stuff.

When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward. --Leonardo Da Vinci It's better to teach a child what you know than what you think.

Reply to
Disco -- FlyNavy