Best way to "chrome" paint vinyl Terminator Arial Hunter Killer?

Hi

I finished assembling the old T2 arial Hunter Killer vinyl kit from Horizon. Ready to paint, what is the best technique to get the best chrome silver look for this kit?

I have heard Krylon Chrome plate rattle can paint is best especially if you plan to handle the model later.

What would the best base coat be as well? I dont want to damage the vinyl.

more extreme........more exploratory really........ Is vacuum chroming feasable on something like this? where could you get that done if possible?

Thanks in advance!!!!

Reply to
mutts

Lacquer primer can be used on vinyl and it's the perfect base for Alclad II Chrome which is highly durable:

.

I suppose whatever the technique is that's used to plate baby shoes would work but my guess is that would be pretty expensive and I doubt that it would look any better than Alclad.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

You can't go wrong with Alclad II...check it out

NECROSCOPE