AIR: 1/144 F-18s

I just started a Matchbox 1/144 F-18 and discovered it's a prototype. Are there any out there that are production versions? Interestingly, I spotted that the starboard horizontal stabiliser is moulded at the wrong angle. I found some 1/72 drawings and reduced them to 1/144 to check. It looks like I'm going to saw off the stab and file it down to get the correct angle. That's Plan A. Plan B involves scratching one out of sheet plastic.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Check out the new Revell AG kit. It is a production variant and is an excellent kit.

See:

HTH,

Jim Bates

Reply to
Jim Bates

HI JIm, kinda sneaked out that one didn't it?

Reply to
Dave Fleming

IIRC, the L&S ones, and the latter Revell G CF-188

Reply to
Dave Fleming

Cool! I wasn't sure that wasn't just a re-hash of the Matchbox. I'll have to watch Squadron's January flyer whenever it arrives here.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Didn't DML also put out an F-18 along with a bunch of other 1/144 scale modern jets?

Reply to
Edwin Ross Quantrall

Dave,

No question. I was kind of nervous to buy it, worried it was a DML or old LS tool. Thankfully that wasn't the case. Great kit. I want to know why we get a new tool 1/144 Hunter and CF-18, but no new 1/72 Hunter or CF-18!

Jim Bates

Reply to
Jim Bates