Any DeHavilland DHC-7 (Dash 7) Kits in the works?

Hi all,

Does anybody know if there is any possible chance that there will be a release in kit form of the DeHavilland DHC-7 Dash 7. 1/144, 1/72, doesn;t matter to me. This is a MUST in my opinion.

Thanks,

Jamie

Reply to
J.Eddie

I *believe* Sasquatch Models has/had a kit.

Reply to
Greg Heilers

They do. It's not for the faint of heart. A decent Dash 7 in both

1/144 and 1/72 would be welcomed.
Reply to
Jeff C

Well, not that I can think of. Altho, we do have 1/72nd scale kits of the DHC aircraft before and after the Dash 7. Altho you didn't ask:

DHC-1 Chipmunk - Airfix (1/48th - Aeroclub?) DHC-2 Beaver - Airfix (1/48th - Hobbycraft) DHC-3 Otter - Hobbycraft (1/72nd & 1/48th) DHC-4 Caribou - OzMods(?) DHC-5 Buffalo - ? DHC-6 Twin Otter - Matchbox DHC-7 Dash 7 - Sasquatch (1/144th?) DHC-8 Dash 8 - Hobbycraft

Of course, I don't know about the 1/144th market, so I'm sure I missed some in there.

Don McIntyre Clarksville, TN

Reply to
Don McIntyre

DHC-4 Caribou - Hobbycraft (1:72)

DHC-5 Buffalo - Combat Models (1:72)

or the Platz re-pop.

Reply to
Jonathan Stilwell

The Platz kit is 1/144, and I hear that it's impossible to get nowadays : ( (and it was extremely expen$ive when you could get it...)

Reply to
Jeff C

Don't know about a Platz 1:144 Dash 8; I've only recently got into 1:144, but they have re-done the Hobbycraft 1:72 kit with decals for Japanese operators:

?PLZAB-2 Jon.

Reply to
Jonathan Stilwell

That's the same livery that was in the 1/144 kit. Very nice : )

Reply to
Jeff C

Hobbycraft also does a 1/72 Beaver.

Reply to
frank may

This is a really nice list. I do have one to add, and it's another version of the Dash 7. I have a copy of a 1/144 Airliners America DHC-7 in my collection. This company is no longer in existence as it was the model/decal arm of Clint Groves's ATP company. This is not the Sasquatch version. My copy comes with Piedmont decals, so this will definitely be built one of theses days! Mike

Reply to
Mike J. Idacavage

Anyone seen this kit or the Roberts reissue. Any reviews? I'd like a Buffalo, but I've heard bad things about Combat.

Thanks,

Jim Bates Akron, Ohio

Reply to
Jim Bates

It was made from the same masters as the Sasquatch kit.

Reply to
Jeff C

All true, from what I've seen. I did a Combat UFO about ten years ago. The plastic was stretched thin in some areas and pretty thick elsewhere. It seemed like someone was trying to get it to settled on the mold and pulled it to make it fit.

The Old Timer

Thanks Jeff! In this case I will not bother with looking for a copy of the Sasquatch version. Mike

Reply to
Mike J. Idacavage