anybody want a fone call?

im wide awake, and run out of my mates fone numbers around the world to call....

im up for the next few hours and if you want to chat about models, cars, girls (yeah girls are best!!!)

drop me a email with your fone number...haus not mobile, too expensive

anywhere in the world is fine..apart from Wales :-)

Reply to
Jules

hows your knowledge of punk rock? or the manchester bands of the late 70's? cabvolt, tg, etc?

Reply to
someone

not good, but then i like decent music....

Reply to
Jules

LOL

i was thinking of you when i replied....cos i listen to Gene Pitney, Neil Diamond etc etc, and i remember when he popped his clogs while on tour here, i mentioned it here and you said he was close to where you was...

Too late to send a cd, cos im more than 24 hours from Tulsa :-) (but with my driving...who knows!)

Reply to
Jules

ignoring your musical heritage? shame, jules.

Reply to
someone

i have your stuff backed up.

Reply to
someone

Yeah, send him a copy of Gene Pitney on disc! :)

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

"Jules"

me? ahhhhhhhhhhh f*ck and i thought you knew me!!! im born n bred a yorkshireman, till day i deeeee

only one tattoo, sez ' MADE IN SHEFFIELD'

mind you, its shit now....nowt like it used to be...

i did see on episode t'ver week The Unit, the darkie guy, or reet braan, woz singin sum reet gud song b'aat t'old Sheffield steel.....didnt kn'oar tha nu wot it woz....

e bah gum, go'er ta bottom ov me stairs...

Reply to
Jules

sheffield was home to a lot of bands i love to. richard r kirk is from there, so is cosey fanni tutti. lydon says he is, but he lies.

Reply to
someone

check the dvd's first. didn't i back all on those? but no sweat, if i screwed up, i'll do it over. i just finished a mega load. i did 264 lp's for my best friend in 21 days. also music not on my playlist......ouch.

Reply to
someone

"Jules"

well never heard of any of em, even though i like a bit of fanni...

maybe im too young....back to my Gene Pitney then

Reply to
Jules

Goody, 'cause I think some didn't get here. I'll get back to you with the details when I get the specifics written down. Can't trust myself to remember it anymore. (sigh)

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

I'm guessing he's a Lancashire man, not a Yorkshire man.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

better check your tat! :)

Cabaret Voltaire?

Anthony

Reply to
Anthony

yes. started by three folks ta an art college in 1975. basically electronic pioneers originally but went more dancy, if you consider a measured beat in the mix. after a bit, settled into a duo with rihard s kirk and steve mallinder. got lots of critical acclaim for being real pioneers in the industrial and early form idm and fu. i like thier 1980-1991 period best. the 3rd remix vocal version of yashar and 12" vinyl cersion of sensoria are in my pantheon. their is an excellent box set out that covers the whole career but if you're wishing to sample first, give me and addy and i will give you a sampler. before you say what the f*ck, give a listen. i'm not a kid....dammit, so this isn't some crap pop nonesense with stupid dancing. it is some very well thought out and even brillant original stuff that laid the foundation of at least 40 subsets of rock and roll.

are over 700,000 cab volt sites. so i'm not yankin' ya. if you like ANY of this, i can turn you on to a lot more bands doing more. musically, my tastes kept me listening to new music. i never got the brain-dead stuck in some decade shit my....well, i don't have peers, my contemps did. as grim says, the 60's ended a long time ago, people!

Reply to
someone

Ah, Cabaret Voltaire, I,ve been sitting here trying to remember where it was I saw them live, as a 3 piece, I'm 99% sure it was in Erics in Liverpool, late 70s? Bloody memory is going, I'l get into the loft and see if I can dig out my old 'Whats on at Erics' leaflets. Usually have something scribbled on them about the bands I saw there.

Anthony

Reply to
Anthony

color me green, mate. i would have killed to see them in the 70's. sell grandma and mother. depending on where you were musically, you may have written they sucked or some such. pioneering is often a tough ho to road. i only saw them once, as a two piece and visually they were boring. playing with loops and minimal instrumentation, it was a far cry from the punk lot i'd seen the night before. but the music carryed the show. the audience was quiet the whole show, like a spoken word reading, but when the lights flickered, we rose en mass and thundered and cheered. after 10 minutes of so with no lessening of crowd noises, they came out again, everyone shut up and they did a medly of nag nag, james brown and fascination. same result, another encore, semsoria and yashar. same result but then it was quarter past two and the club had to shut. well worth being late for work and getting chewed.

Reply to
someone