Original Super Glue.

I was at Home Depot the other day and saw a 4 tube packet of Super Glue (CA). The package said, 'The Original Super Glue'. I bought a packet and tried it out when I got home. It glues instantly (~1 second), like CA did when it first came out, before the ham-handed idiots complained about it sticking their fingers together. The 4 tubes are only 0.07 oz (2g) each. This glue is best used like the original. Hold the pieces together and put a drop on the seam. It runs along the seam instantly and the parts are stuck together. Putting this glue on a part and then trying to put the two parts together will require very good aim and dexterity, because it has to be perfectly positioned as soon as the parts touch. Unlike other AC glues that clog the applicator after the tube has been sitting around for a while and the applicator hole has to be cleaned out, this glue still flows from the applicator, even after overnight .

Reply to
willshak

I wish I could still get the stuff I used to use building R/C models - Hot Stuff...that stuff made Super Glue look like Elmers.

Reply to
Rufus

there's some stuff the dollar stores sell, 4 to a pack with green labels that is amazing.

Reply to
someone

The one of the things I recall about Hot Stuff was that it was INCREDIBLY thin. It flowed into any cranny it found, and it was permanent.

The smoother the mating surfaces, the more permanent - about the absolute strongest bond you could make with it was glass to glass, and if you tried to knock the bond apart you were going to pull cunks of glass from between the mating surfaces.

And talk about fumes if you got a snoot of them...

Reply to
Rufus

remember seeing it.

Reply to
someone

Hot Stuff was a CA glue. It's still around.

willshak

on 12/17/2007 3:43 PM snipped-for-privacy@some.domain said the following:

I put a pic of the HD packet over on alt.binaries.models.scale under the same subject line.

Reply to
willshak

"And so you shall!":

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

Serious cool! Thanks for the link.

Reply to
Rufus

Dat's da stuff! Thanks.

Reply to
Rufus

Guys: all is not lost. There are many manufacturers (or distributors) who sell extra thin CA glue. I'm currentlyu using one made by Bob Smith Industries. Zap also sells similar stuff.

It is wather thin and it willl instantly glue your fingers (if you so desire). It also works great when used to glue model parts together. ;-)

Most people don't seem to know the difference and they buy the medium viscosity or gap-filling CA glues. Those suck compared the the thin CA.

Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.

I figured it would still be around, because RC fans used to go through it by the pint.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

I think I glued more stuff to walls with it during my college days...nobody would believe such a glue was out there. I demo-d it for them...a lot.

Then when folks would talk about pennying me into my room, I'd threaten to glue them into theirs...and they'd leave me alone.

Reply to
Rufus

it was great for pranks. i had drunken jokes in the next room so i would crazy glue their locks. the school maintenance guys would replace them and charge the jocks. didn't shut them up.

Reply to
someone

Heh...I guess the guys in my dorm were smarter. Or they knew better than to end up spending a weekend glued into their room waiting for the custodial staff...with no bathroom...

Reply to
Rufus

i'm not quite that cruel. i did it when they were drunk. we had connecting bathrooms between to rooms, but they often couldn't remember. super glue was really new, the helmet on the beam ads were just out.

40 odd year ago in the midwest the jocks still had knuckles dragging the ground and their speech was limited.
Reply to
someone

We didn't have connecting bathrooms, and I was that cruel...or at least appeared to be. Or maybe is was because I was on a floor full of geek engineers, and they actually understood that if I DID dump Hot Stuff into the lock tumblers that they would have to be drilled out before they could even be removed...and that might require some serious bladder control...especially if they'd been drinking.

I did manage to rope all the doorknobs together late in the night once...everyone could open their door just enough to see out, but not enough to cut the rope and/or get out...I let them all out after a bit.

Reply to
Rufus

i wish i'd known that trick. i can visualise a bunch of drunktards bleating at their doors because they have to pee. good one!

Reply to
someone

You can burn CA out with enough heat - take a Bernz-O-Matic to the lock. If the lock casing is made of zinc, the lock itself will leave.

Pat

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

i don't think i've watched a sports program since the 50's seriously. unless it was the boston marathon during a drunken party where that was used as the excuse to have a drunken party. i was supposed to watch one of the pats superbowl games but luckily managed to somehow get free. plague or something, i think i had.

Reply to
someone