really super glue

the dollar store near me had a 3 pack of super glue gel for a buck. i was out of the 'spensive hobby shop stuff and desperate, so i bought a three pack. an hout later i went
back and bought 10 card of it. it's in a white tube with a green label with white letters. the label reads super glue thick gel super glue
no brand name on it. the stuff is amazing for gaps. it drives fairly fast, is sandable for an hour after and works really well.
e wrote:

I bought some super glue that is branded for hobby shops. In my case it was 'Mid-Hudson Hobbies'. The super thin stuff sets in 1-3 seconds. The gel in 5-15 secs. 1 oz. bottles. Made by Bob Smith Industries at http://www.bsiadhesives.com Sorry, I don't remember the price, and the receipt doesn't list the individual prices, just the total sale.
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
e wrote:

I bought two tubes in a pack at a dollar store. Sounds like a different brand, though. When I went to use it, both tubes were hard as a rock inside :-(
Although it is not cheap, lately I've been using Loctite's gel CA. Great stuff, but I am still foundering for a good brand of the thin stuff.
One thing I like about the Loctite stuff is how well the cap screws down over the nozzle. It is worth a few cents more to me because I can use the whole tube without the nozzle getting hopelessly clogged.
Every tube I ever tried from a dollar store was also usually hard as a rock.One time a tube actually had a small drop of glue inside but I had to cut the tube open to get it out. I found something new (to me) in a craft store yesterday.Krazy glue brand with a brush applicator.I havne't had a chance to try it yet but I'm hoping this will be one case where the glue doesn't seal itself shut after one or two uses! Don Stauffer wrote:

read my reply to dan about proper storage. sorry if it's obvious and you already figured it out.
e wrote:

I usually have a bunch of different brands and thicknesses, some open some not (for no particular reason), I keep the stuff in a coffee can in the fridge, with a few bags of silica gel dessicant (from some random electronics purchase, or some of the ground coffee brands) inside. I dry out the dessicant periodically in a low temp toaster oven overnight. The catalyst for superglue is H2O, of course, so warm and wet will shorten the life enormously over cold and dry, but without the dessicant it's way too wet in the fridge. Come to think of it, probably the coffee can is highly inferior to a screwtop jar or maybe tupperware.....

For the Dutch readers.
At Wibra they sell a card of 5 metal squeezy tubes of 3 grams ca for only EUR 0,50 !!!!!!!!!!!
Bought ten of them and will go back later to buy some more.
HTH,
Dennis

one important thing is to store them upright, that keeps the nozzles clear and makes them easier to open if they do clog. that green stuff is amazing. i haven't seen it this week, but i wasn't looking. next time i do see it, i will grab you a pack and then you will see exactly what to look for. it really is that good! and it's a heall of a lot vheaper than that hobby store stuff that comes in 4-5 different thicknesses. i'll holler when i get it.