Armor: WW2 M1 Dozer Paint

My Construction Battalion 1/35 M1 Dozer will probably be ready for paint early next week. I wouldn't mind doing something other than a standard O.D. color scheme.

Can any armor/WW2 buffs confirm that some Pacific Theater engineering equipment was in fact painted in the blue-gray scheme that some American L.V.T.s wore? I swear I saw something to that effect years ago, yet cannot confirm it now.

Any help on the blue-gray...or in fact anything other than O.D schemes...would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Carroll

Years ago on a construction site, I saw some equipment that the contractor had purchased from government surplus. Among these was a dozer (Catt D-4, I think but don't really remember) and a couple of generators that were a medium grey, with the remains of serial numbers stenciled in black. He told me that they were ex-SeeBee and, as I said, Government surplus. Since that time, the only other Gov. Surp. were in OD Green, with white stenciling.

The Old Timer

Reply to
Gerald E. McCrary

Thanks for your help, John. I got some good info from others too, so I think I'm headed down that path.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Carroll

Hi Gerry.

Actually, I have it in large sub-assemblies now, and the fit has generally been very good and the castings are beautifully done. I've mocked up the assemblies and there should be no hassles. The only thing I haven't had together yet are the tracks. They consist of top and bottom solid runs and then numerous individual links to connect them.

There are some hefty casting plugs and runners, but on the other hand, there was not one broken piece in the kit. The only complete negative is the alleged instruction sheet! It's little more than a listing of the pieces, and even that is difficult to decipher, no less see in the grainy photo-copied photos.

I'll write a full review when the thing is finished.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Carroll