Beware the Ides of March...

At the very least, run the other way if you're approached by a group of men in togas. Which come to think of it, is probably pretty good advice on any given day. Too bad this isn't a drinking holiday like May 5th.

Anybody able to bring this on topic? Working on a trireme or something? Closest I can come today is reading up "Osprey's Italian Aces of WWII" in anticipation of my first Regia Aeronautica build some day soon.

WmB

Reply to
WmB

Since when was St. Pat's Day (the 17th) NOT a drinking holiday?..

Reply to
Rufus

Well, not Italian, but I was spraying some primer on my Hubley Rolls-Royce today only to have a gust of wind blow it off the box and into the flower bed - paint side down of course. Aaaagh! I've only been trying to restore this thing for 30 years and finally got it that far. Now it's back to the bench and some more sanding to get Mother Earth out of the paint.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad Modeller

Well, lesseee........ The wife got on me about not having done any figures for a while so I've been thinking about the Verlinden 120mm Legionair she got me at the last Cincy show, specially after seeing the trailer for the new HBO series coming up, 'ROME' (looks like Caligula's era).

-- Chuck Ryan snipped-for-privacy@REMOVEatt.net Springfield OH

Reply to
Chuck Ryan

Ouch! I almost had a similar experience some time ago. I was carrying an aircraft from the house (where I do most of my building) to the shed outside (where I do my airbrushing) on a box or something else that was flat and open, and a strong wind almost made it take off. I got lucky, and caught it with my other hand before it got away. Since then, the kit goes on the lid of one of those large plastic storage boxes, after which the rest of the box is put on as a cover. Kits travel in a closed container, no exceptions.

Rob

Reply to
Rob van Riel

There's a happy finish to this one. I got the dirt out last evening and got the whole body primered today. Now I can plan the colour scheme.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad Modeller

I had a similar experience on the morning of our last but one club competition - I stayed up all night finishing off a 48th Academy Spitfire MkXIV (nice kit, shame about the fuselage..) with added resin ailerons and rudders, well weathered, painted markings in Indian AF colours (only decals were the serials) etc. Had about 2 hours sleep then got ready and headed off to the hall. I stacked up the stuff I needed to take, then realised I had no-where to put the Spit... so I balanced it securely on top of said stack. No problem so far. I opened the door, went down the steps and walked out towards the truck. Suddenly, a gust of wind picked the Spit up, let it hang in the air for long enough for me to realise there was nothing I could do (I had an armful of books and paperwork) then dropped it to the ground, tail first. Resin bits flew everywhere, some of them taking the attatched styrene with them. I considered going back inside and just staying in bed, but instead collected all the bits I could find (got 'em all, except for one bit of the tail in front of the rudder) and took them along to the show. I spent a couple of hours reassembling it and then put it on the table as a display, just to proove that Mother Nature may be a bitch, but she don't beat me! This year, I'll put stuff in boxes and be a bit more careful.

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

I had pizza.... does that count?