Brickmania Lego kits... interesting

This is a very interesting site. Looks like they need more production facilities.

Bluepen

Incredible ships!

Reply to
Ben Valdevarona

I don't know how the Danes would react to their Legos being used to building Nazi tanks. I talked to a Dane whose parents were in Copenhagen during the occupation, and they strung up collaborators from the lampposts in the city after the country was liberated.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

THis one is also pretty impressive (I've seen it in-person):

Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.

Being a Dane, I don't really care. WW II happened more than 50 years ago and LEGO's are just toys. As to stringing up collaborators, there was some that vere real, but also some used the chance to settle an old score. Justice should never be left to a mob, no matter how just the cause seems at the time.

Reply to
Claus Gustafsen

The founder of Lego will be spinning in his grave as he was lifelong pacifist who objected to any kind of war toy.

A lot of european countries were occupied, it doesn't stop them from producing models of Nazi tanks.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

on 8/7/2007 5:52 PM kim said the following:

I don't understand some of the European country's ban on swastikas. It's almost like the Nazi book burnings.

Reply to
willshak

Do they make any PE for Lego and how would you patch all those seams and sink marks.

Reply to
Count DeMoney

It's still a very controversial subject. Does leaving the swastika off the decal sheets for German WW II aircraft constitute censorship, or denial of what happened? Huma Models of Germany never did figure out how to deal with the problem on their models of oddball German secret and prototype aircraft designs. They came up with around three different ways of making a decal or decals that could be either modified via cutting with a X-acto knife into a swastika, or a swastika that could be made by joining separate decals together. Even then though, they aways stuck these decals down at one end of the decal sheet separated from the others by quite a space, so they could be quickly cut off the decal sheet at the factory if there was any political trouble about them. Swastikas vanished from American model kits of Luftwaffe aircraft in the late 1960's-early 1970's IIRC. To me at least, it seems that banning the marking probably adds to its mystique and power.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

never forgive and never forget. but take their money! how many mercedes are there in isreal? (a lot.)

Reply to
someone

snipped-for-privacy@some.domain wrote in news:Ugjui.58952$ snipped-for-privacy@fe02.news.easynews.com:

I think that when all those mercs are paid for, the money WENT TO Germany, not FROM.

Reply to
Bert-Jan

on 8/8/2007 9:10 AM snipped-for-privacy@some.domain said the following:

The first Israeli airforce had BF-109s

Reply to
willshak

Sarah Silverman has a comedy sketch about Jews driving German-made cars in her "Jesus is Magic" video. You think that's odd...one of our local surplus stores had surplus Israeli gas masks for sale a couple of decades ago. The gas masks were made in West Germany. :-)

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

They were Czech-built copies with new engines called S-199's:

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

you missed the point.

Reply to
someone

wow, smacked across the face with the cold dead fish of a cliche! ouch! the irony is deafening.

Reply to
someone

yeah, great colors schemes and decals!

Reply to
someone

As recall, those engines were Junkers copies. Still, I always found it ironic they were flying German designs. Now for something else weird; The French flew Hayabusas with tricoleur roundels in Indochina right after the War.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

But indeed there is a connection. It is control. In Europe, the control is to eliminate the Nazi symbols so no one will have their feelings hurt or be offended. In the US it is also control. Those who believe that no one should own a gun and only the government has the right to bear arms. Again, the connection is control.

Ray Austin, TX ===

Reply to
Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman

That hit me as very ironic also; the motors and props were off of He-111 bombers. The thing was supposed to be an absolute terror to try and take off or land; with a real potential to dig its wingtip into the ground due to torque.

Wait till you see this odd little thing:

French apparently crashed quite a few of them, which the Japanese couldn't understand, as they found it a very easy aircraft to fly, with really nice handling and great maneuverability.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery