bud conestoga

any kits of an rb1? that is one cool looking transport.
and all steel! oh baby, have to build one.
Reply to
someone
None that I know of but it should up Anigrand's alley.
Curt
Reply to
Curt
anigrand? does not compute.
Reply to
someone
The only kit I'm aware of was a 1/72 vacform done by O'Neill many years ago.
These were really, really basic (crude?) kits and production numbers for each kit were usually in the single digits. They were never, so far as I know, offered for sale - Ray O'Neill distributed 'em through trades.
OTOH, "Plastic Aircraft Kits of the Twentieth Century" lists a total of 337(!) different vacform kits produced by him. The good news is it's a pretty good bet that just about -any- weird aircraft was kitted by O'Neill at one time or another. The bad news is that they're basically made of unobtainium.
Cheers,
Reply to
Bill Shatzer
IIRC, a Ukrainian resin manufacturer.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.
Reply to
Mad-Modeller
The Oregon historical society sells plans for many horse-drawn vehicles including Conestoga wagon. Not a steel one, but maybe close enough?
Reply to
Don Stauffer in Minnesota
Actually a Hong Kong manufacturer. His site is to be found at:
I don't think he's done the Budd as yet.
Reply to
The Old Man
no. it won't fly.
Reply to
someone
at:
But I don't think he's done the Budd as yet.- Hide quoted text -
My bad, the address should read:

The Old Man
Just a matter of finding the right engine...
Reply to
Serge D. Grun
And the correct manufacturer spelling is Budd, 2 d s.
Reply to
frank
on 6/1/2007 5:36 PM frank said the following:
I'm glad you cleared that up. I thought it was a model of the Budweiser beer wagon. :-)
Reply to
willshak
Check it out.
here for reviews.
have several kits and I am impressed. Curt
Reply to
Curt
me too. they look really good and the prices are not mind numbingly high. i see more luft 46'ers in my future. the guy really seems to have his casting shit together.
Reply to
someone
They do look nice. If I still had the whole collection I see a bunch of 'gap-fillers' that I'd want. F-90s, F-93s, F-88s, XF-84Hs - WOW! As it is, I'd sure like to get the three Soviet fighter prototypes that come with the M-50 but they aren't listed singly. An XB-46 in 1/144th would be terrific too.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.
Reply to
Mad-Modeller
Not just steel, but stainless steel.