Building a 2003 RAAF Hornet from Academy kit?

Hi,

I want to build a 2003 RAAF F-18 using the Academy 1/32 'C' model... I've read the catapault tow-bar needs removing, a landing light added, the seat has a different harness and the fin tips modified, is there anything else please??

TIA, Ian

Reply to
ianbw12

Our birds have the catapult tow bar attached now; taking it off introduced shimming when taxiing and fatigue the nose wheels / axle.

Cheers, Linz

Reply to
Lindsay

If you build it like a Canadian A/A+, you'll be close - I don't recall if the Aussies bought the side ID light though. As for the launch bar, I know that the Canadians had a problem with nosewheel shimmy when it was removed, and the fix was to put it back on.

Also - note that the Australians are converting thier A into A+'s, so also consider that in your conversion.

Reply to
Rufus

Thought so...

Reply to