Cleaning Gator Clips

18 of my "tools" are gator clips.

I've been using really powerful automotive lacquer thinner to clean gator clips. That stuff rips everything off... water based, oil based, spray can paint and of course, lacquer.

I only do this probably once a year because this chemical is maximum overkill harshness. I'd like to find another chemical that will strip any/all paint off these clips that is not as excessively potent as lacquer thinner.

Kleen Strip TurpAtine? Acetone? What do you use on gator clips?

David Kennesaw, GA

Reply to
jdb

Well, you're going to need laquer to clean up laquer. You could buy the less hot stuff or Testors makes a bottle of "Brush Cleaner." BTW acetone is even more vitriolic. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper