Cross-kitting 1/72 Promodeler & MPM Me 262

My intention is to graft the nose of the MPM Me 262 A-1a/U4 [50mm gun] onto a Promodeler 262, and also to use the MPM PE where feasible. Apart from the gun itself, I can see that the nosewheel configuration is different. Any other details I need to watch out for? And are these two kits compatible in cross-section?

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

I would use the entire forward fuselage,if it fits.Otherwise the pro modeler is light years better...

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

I don't know for sure but it probably can be done. I know someone who once cross kitted the MPM and Hasegawa 262's.

Cheers, Max Bryant

Reply to
Max Bryant

Czech Master Resin conversion set CMK 7007 includes the nose for the ia/U4 plus the radar antennae for the V056, purpose made for the Revell/Promodeller kit. I remember from previous study that the two kits have very different fuselage widths (the MPM one is, I think, identical in width to the Heller kit, where the MPM wings come from) , which will make a combination such as you suggest ... difficult...

Wulf

Reply to
Wulf Corbett

Yeah, that was my take, and I have two Promodelers, after winning one in a raffle, so I figured it would be nice if they fit. The alternative is to excavate the Promodeler nose to take the different nose gear, bulges and the gun--it might be less work.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert