Curio Cabinet for scale models ( or other collectibles)

Was in Sam's Club today and saw this curio cabinet.

3 adjustable glass shelves. Mirrored back. 2 halogen lights in top. Large drawer in bottom. 4 glass Doors, two on each side of the cabinet. Front glass is curved, beveled and fixed. Price $249.81 + NY State sales tax of 8.125% came to $270.11. Size: (I didn't measure the box before I opened it, but I would estimate that it was 80" high x 48" x 20" deep). Cabinet size is 77" high x 40 1/2" wide x 17" deep. Bring a truck and a friend. It is all in one piece and the case weight is 97 KG (212 lbs). Sam's #63373.

Scan of box art in a.b.m.s. Same subject.

Reply to
Willshak

You may also want to check out Ikea, if you have one in your area. They have some nice display cases, but not as big as that one

Reply to
NOCKERS

I have twice of Ikea "Detolf" cabinets plenty of armor and wheels...

JR

"NOCKERS" escribió en el mensaje news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
JR

I picked up a large curio cabinet at a local furniture store we regularly patronize, it was in the scratch and dent room. It was missing a glass shelf or two and had a small scratch. Got it for a steal of a price, went down to the local hardware store and picked up a couple pieces of glass, sanded and polished the edges then installed them. Picked up one of those color match markers for furniture repair, quick couple of strokes and you can't tell unless I point it out to you. My total cost was under $150 its 30"x18"x78". Just got to be at the right place at the right time.

Reply to
Hawkeye