"Dumb" question, what effect IF any. . .

. . .Will frezzing temps have on enamle paint? When we had those couple
of days of frezzing weather here in Dutchess County, NY. I'd had a "brain
cramp" and had left my toolbox with all of my bottles of paint (and glue)
out on the front porch. . .
It's now inside at the foot of the stairs going up to my part of the
house.
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy
I don't think short-term freezing weather would have much negative impact on solvent-based paints. I don't normally use acrylics but I suspect that, due to the fact they are water-based, they may well be a different story. -- -- -- -- -- "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." George Orwell
My Home Page:

Bill Woodier
no bad effect for a little while, (few days) acrylic depends on the stregth of the bottle.
And snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Bill Woodier) opened up and revealed to the world news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m21.aol.com:
Bill,
Ok, thanks, what about the glues? Or they pretty much the same? i.e. a couple of days "ain't gonna hurt" 'em?
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy
And snipped-for-privacy@some.domain (e) opened up and revealed to the world news:BICzd.5394073$ snipped-for-privacy@news.easynews.com:
"e,"
Thanks, I don't use acrylics (at least yet) so that isn't a problem.
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy
I don't think short-term exposure will hurt the glue either.
Cheers...Bill
-- -- -- -- -- "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." George Orwell
My Home Page:

Bill Woodier
And snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Bill Woodier) opened up and revealed to the world news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m14.aol.com:
Bill,
Ok, thanks again. And next time I'll remember to bring my smegging toolbox in BEFORE it gets down to frezzing temps. . .
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy
it will kill tube cement after a couple of weeks of freezing, thawing. turns it into a wierd mess. or did 30 years ago.
And snipped-for-privacy@some.domain (e) opened up and revealed to the world news:_rIzd.7513745$ snipped-for-privacy@news.easynews.com:
"e,"
Thanks, they were only out there for a couple of days. Long enough that I think the window box of plants that I had out there for the same amount of time. :-(
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy
it into a wierd mess. or did 30 years ago.>
Still does. Super Glue, Krazy Glue, CA, whatever you want to call it doesn't like cold either.
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. --Leonardo Da Vinci EAA # 729686 delete the word spam from email addy
Reply to
TimeTraveler658
solvent-based paints. I don't normally use acrylics but I suspect that, due to the fact they are water-based, they may well be a different story.>
I had bought a couple bottles of acrylics, Tamiya and MM, and inadvertantly left them in my car for about a week. There was a lot of pigment/carrier seperation, and, like Humpty Dumpty, all the Kings horses and all the Kings men, and a lot of stirring and mixing, couldn't put them together again.
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. --Leonardo Da Vinci EAA # 729686 delete the word spam from email addy
Reply to
TimeTraveler658
Cold, probably not. Cool, yes. I keep mine in the basement and it seems to last a long time. The brand I have right now was expensive but it's lasted twice as long as any I've used before. No, I don't remember...(sigh).
Bill Banaszak, MFE
Reply to
Mad-Modeller