"Dumb" question, what effect IF any. . .

I don't think short-term freezing weather would have much negative impact on solvent-based paints. I don't normally use acrylics but I suspect that, due to the fact they are water-based, they may well be a different story.

-- -- -- -- -- "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." George Orwell

My Home Page:

Bill Woodier

no bad effect for a little while, (few days) acrylic depends on the stregth of the bottle.

Digital_Cowboy

"e,"

Thanks, I don't use acrylics (at least yet) so that isn't a problem.

Reply to
Digital_Cowboy

I don't think short-term exposure will hurt the glue either.

Cheers...Bill

-- -- -- -- -- "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." George Orwell

My Home Page:

Bill Woodier
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy

it will kill tube cement after a couple of weeks of freezing, thawing. turns it into a wierd mess. or did 30 years ago.

Digital_Cowboy

it into a wierd mess. or did 30 years ago.>

Still does. Super Glue, Krazy Glue, CA, whatever you want to call it doesn't like cold either.

When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. --Leonardo Da Vinci EAA # 729686 delete the word spam from email addy

Reply to
TimeTraveler658

solvent-based paints. I don't normally use acrylics but I suspect that, due to the fact they are water-based, they may well be a different story.>

I had bought a couple bottles of acrylics, Tamiya and MM, and inadvertantly left them in my car for about a week. There was a lot of pigment/carrier seperation, and, like Humpty Dumpty, all the Kings horses and all the Kings men, and a lot of stirring and mixing, couldn't put them together again.

When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. --Leonardo Da Vinci EAA # 729686 delete the word spam from email addy

Reply to
TimeTraveler658

Cold, probably not. Cool, yes. I keep mine in the basement and it seems to last a long time. The brand I have right now was expensive but it's lasted twice as long as any I've used before. No, I don't remember...(sigh).

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller