Fixing warped pieces

How does one go about correcting a warped piece from a styrene kit? Now I know for Vinyl heat works wonders and it returns to its original molded form after heating. But styrene doesnt. I'm curently working on a few projects of which one is the Colonial Viper from Battlestar Galactica. Now the wings are slightly warped and need to be straighter. Any and all help is appreciated. Thanx!

Reply to
Paul DiTomaso

Heat in the form of very warm water should get you started. Immerse the piece and let it warm up. When it gets somewhat softer apply pressure to the points that will get your piece straight. Once straightened the part should be then immersed in cool water to help keep it thus. It's worked for me.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Sure it does. Gentle heat from a blow dryer or steam will usually do the trick. If that's not enough heat dip the affected part(s) in hot (*not* boiling) water.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Warm water and gentle fingers. Its a waiting game believe me. Mike IPMS

Reply to
Mike Keown