Flyboys

i hope that stuff gets preserved. way too much history gets tossed by ignorant family members.

Still, anything is better than "The Blue Max's" deadman gun triggers.

Reply to
tomcervo

I think he's smart enough to donate it to a collection or archive of some sort. A lot of folks have aske dhim to write a book, but I don't think he's really interested in it...pity. So many lives are worth the read, and we only get to hear of such a very few of them.

Reply to
Rufus

i'd be glad to ghost it for him. all he needs to do is talk.

He just sold his house and is prepping to move to Florida...wish he'd given me a shot at the house.

Reply to
Rufus

So Eduard are releasing the following kits for flyboys:

1/48 scale Nieuport 17,
Reply to
Dave Calhoun

inside deal or family?

Mad-Modeller

No - I though he had left already. He has a house in Fla that he'd been renting to a doctor and had to hold off on the sale until the lease was up. He got more or the local one than I could have offered anyway.

Reply to
Rufus

must have been a hell of a nice place.

FWIW A lot of vets don't talk about their experiences because it reminds them of things they just would rather forget. I learned more about my Father's wartime experiences from two of his buddies that showed up for his funeral than I ever heard from him. Sad but true!

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

As the two Escadrilles he is noted as serving with are Spa.93 and Spa.85, I would assume he was flying SPAD VIIs - his service being a bit too early for SPAD XIIIs.

Cheers,

Reply to
Bill Shatzer

Leftovers planes from "The Blue Max". The same crew did the aerial work for "Von Richtofen and Brown". One of the pilots was killed in an accident, which upset director Roger Corman so much that he curtailed the production as soon as he could, and cut out all but the most necessary flying scenes. Sometimes the man is better than the movie he makes.

Reply to
tomcervo

O.K. I went digging in my Back issues and it was Vol.7, No. 3 of "Windsock" that has the article on Bullard. Also a color Profile of his Spa. 85 SPAD 7.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Yup.