For W.W.I enthusiasts, good news!

Hi Troops:

The latest issue of Windsock International rolled in in today's mail. On the last page is an add from Roden about releases for 2006.

1/72 scale: Zepplin "Staaken" Giant bomber

1/48 scale: deHavilland 4/Rolls Royce engine R.A.F. Be-12B/Hispano engine

1/32 scale: Fokker F.1 (forrunner of the DR.1) as flown by Werner Voss SP.A.D. S.VII (OH YEAH!) S.E.5a, Hispano Suiza Albatross D.III

It's a good year ahead.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

is the staaken actualy released bill? i been jonesing for that big baby since it was announced. even sold my grammy for enough loot. i'm confused about number two, what motor is that? is it a radial or inline? me draw big blank....

Rolls-Royce Eagle VIII, 360 horse power V-12. This was the best engine fitted to the British built Dh4s. The American 400 H.P. Liberty was only fitted to the American built derivative. The British put Liberties in a development of the later deHavilland 9, called the deHavilland 9A. Served into the 1930s.

Bill Shuey

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

I've never seen a radial or rotary on a DH.4 but that doesn't mean one never was installed. I think it's safe to say that R-R made an inline engine.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

On the whole I'd rather shoot golf with Gerald Ford.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

ok, i did misunderstand. any ideas on the staaken? on the whole, my dear, i'd rather be in philadelphia.

ah, i know the liberty but that model rr is new to me. when i was a kid, a kid in my high schools dad had a racer with a liberty. he also had one with a lafrance v12 engine from a firetruck.

I don't believe the Staaken is released yet. As for ideas? Yeah! To rig it you will need a trained spider!! :-)

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

i've used that sewing method on 3 different kits so far and it really makes it easy. the hardest part is figuring out the pattern to use and how to void crossing your lines. but it sure makes it easy and looks good. my first was a lindberg gladiator chosen becuse they had the hole pattern laid out and mad it almost idiot proof. i did 2 of those and it made the vimy i did after much easier. the most difficult part is actually the clean up of the holes and removing the excess thread or wire. i have an idea for doing it with the wing halves not glued together. the internal cleanup will be easier and less work. try it, bill, you will impress yourself.

Better to shoot golf with Gerald Ford than to shoot quail with Dick Cheney. :-)

Just couldn't resist it.

Reply to
old hoodoo

i'd rather shoot pool with with a chupacabra than dance with a gasy fat girl.

yeah but is it as good in bed?!

Reply to
eyeball

only if you like tooth jobs.