Ship colours

Hi Can anyone point me to a good source of colours and colour schemes for WW2 warships? I'm not a naval modeller, but I am going to start naval wargaming, and I want something more interesting than various shades of dull gray. The miniatures are going to be 1/3000, so a couple of inches long at most, therefore I don't need anything massively detailed! On the other hand, I would appreciate something that covers a variety of navies (at least British, US, German, Italian and Japanese), and ships from Destroyers to battleships.

Wulf

Reply to
Wulf Corbett

Depends if you want enamels or acrylics. For enamels White Ensign Models makes USN, RN, IJN and DKM colors, not sure about Italian. In acrylics Model Master Acryl makes USN, IJN and DKM colors, for RN and Italian you'll need Snyder & Short paint chips to mix your own (Vallejo does have a number of colors right from the bottle that are close enough for RN). The best source on the web for USN camo is

and there is a forum where you can get answers to specific color questions.

Reply to
Ron Smith

Acrylics, however...

...like I said, these are 1:3000 scale gaming minis, so all I need is 'close enough', some colour drawings would do. Mind you, I can get Vallejo.

OK, thanks for that.

Wulf

Reply to
Wulf Corbett