Ship Paint Question

Some time back I saw an ad for a paint company that produced the four major gray colors for WW II Japanese ships - a slightly different color from each of the four major shipyards.

Now that I'm toying with the idea of getting back into 1/700 ships, I've been looking for said paint and can't seem to find it anywhere.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks, Andy

Reply to
Andy

Andy wrote: : Some time back I saw an ad for a paint company that produced the four : major gray colors for WW II Japanese ships - a slightly different : color from each of the four major shipyards. : I think you may have seen the Gunze Sangyo (GSI Creos) "Japanese Naval Arsenal Color", with grey's for Kure, Sasebo and Maizuru.

These are Mr. Color paints, so they are lacquers, and not the Mr. Hobby Aqueous Color, which are acrylics.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden