B25J to an H? Lots to do?

seems the company that is producing a 1/32 B-25 is offering a J glass nose version with side guns, etc. am I correct that the Tokyo raiders used B-25H's ? Besides taking off the side guns, any other major conversions involved?

Mmm, guess I would need to find 1/32 nose art for the raiders too. Hands a bit too shaky to hand paint that.

thx - Craig

Reply to
Musicman59

According to the Doolittle Raiders group, they used the B-25B variant (they flew in 1942); the H variant first flew in 1943 and the J in

1944, although it had the longer nose of the B variant. The H, I guess, had a shorter nose.
Reply to
The Old Man

...what company is that? I must have one!

Reply to
Rufus

I'm shocked - I got an incorrect answer when I googled the question? Wrong info on the net? I can't believe it. :-)

Craig

Reply to
Musicman59

only place I've seen that has them on preorder is spruebrothers.com for $130.00 only 7500 kits being made. 3 versions.

Musicman59

...rats...rescue me, Trumpeter!

Reply to
Rufus

Of course it would have been the "B" in 1942. Don't you remember how prominently it was featured in the movie "Pearl Harbor"?

Reply to
The Old Man

For a 'B' you'd have to close off the waist gun positions and move the dorsal turret back to about there from the front where they were positioned from the 'H' on. The 'H' also had a solid nose with four .50 calibre mgs and a 75mm cannon.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

'J' had either solid nose (ancient Monogram for example) or glazing in a longer nose than the 'H'. The Spruebrothers site does show a 'J' with glazing, but like you said, it's gonna be a lot of work to change it around.

Reply to
The Old Man