Smallest plastic model?

Well, at the moment biggest is? DML's Leopold in 1/35 scale but what is the smallest model in plastic? Trumpeter 1/350 aircrafts?

Cheers, Niko Asposalo

Reply to
Niko Asposalo

1/35 Leopold, the big canon ???? crikey!

Nige

Reply to
The Incredible Swearing Man©

Nope, airplanes in 1/700 Just building a diorama of IJN hidro airplane base:-)))) BTW - HOW to make palm trees in 1/700 ???? Best regards, Mario

Reply to
MarioG

Even in 1/35, there are bigger kits, like the Karl Morser. Depending on how you define a model, I have a 1/700 set of Japanese harbor vessels; some of these are less than ahlf an inch long. Some of the ones with more than one piece are still less than an inch long. There are also sets of 1/700 aircraft that require some assembly.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

Pit Road make 1/700 aircraft, most in metal but some in plastic. Separate props and undercarriage too, so they're KITS not toys !

Wulf

Reply to
Wulf Corbett

The smallest models that I can recall are the tow tractors provided with the old Aurora USS Enterprise CVAN-65 model. Naturally, they were one piece.

Martin

Reply to
Martin Sagara

Didn't someone do 1/1200th aircraft?

Reply to
Dave Fleming

The 1/35 Karl kits out are of the vehicle in self-propelled mode, in which it was only 11.4 meters long. The Leopold K5(E) is about 30 meters long. Possibly the Karl with the associated railcars on either end is longer than the K5(E), but that configuration isn't available as a 1/35 scale plastic model.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Williams

In article , Niko Asposalo writes

Probably 1:700 aircraft, such as the multi-part A6 which comes as an extra in a kit of Russian Fast Attack Craft. It gets a section of carrier deck to display it on, and decals! Slightly larger were a set of Japanese WW2 warships in 1:3000 scale. However I only ever saw one box of these, but it appears there were several more boxes in the series. Some of these contained destroyers (the smallest vessel in the box I built was a light cruiser), and if they were multi-part mouldings they could probably qualify as smallest plastic kit. If you include wargames equipment, there are some very small multi-part white metal items, such as the Ros and Heroics 1:300 Rapier system - IIRC four bits for the launcher, there was also a Blindfire radar, and maybe also the visual aiming unit.

One late thought - I think Pit Road did tanks for a 1:700 landing craft

- if there were separate turrets these would be the smallest armour kits, and probably the smallest overall UNLESS the Japanese 1:700 amphibious light tanks included in a Landing Craft/Kaiten Carrier kit were multi-part.

Regards,

Reply to
Moramarth

Here's a twist...what is the smallest and largest in a given scale?And by subject? I only build airplanes in 72nd...I am guessing the smallest is either the Bede

5 or the pitts special...largest...no idea.A vac 747 or C-5 if there is one?
Reply to
Eyeball2002308

IIRC, someone, Eduard, maybe, makes a 1/700 XF-85.

Reply to
Frank May

Small scale but not a small model. I think some of the Star Trek ships are made to a smaller scale but they are still fairly large.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

That reminds me. I have a plastic ship that came with a stand in a cereal box. It's supposed to be the SS United States and is around 1.5

- 2 inches long. There's fairly good detail for a ship that small. I'll have to dig around for it. I think it's still here, somewhere.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

There are many 1/700 aircraft models - from WWII era up to current - by a number of different manufacturers.

Andy

Reply to
Andyroo111

There's a whole assortment of 1/1200 gaming pieces that might qualify. Jerry 47

Reply to
jerry 47

What about B-52 or Tu-95 in 1/72, or Enterprise in 1/350? I think that those are bigger then Leopold in 1/35.

And if you consider resin model too, there is also a German submarine, Type VII b or c, in 1/32 or 35 scale.

For the smallest there are aircraft in 1/700.

Bye, ROdolfo.

Reply to
Rodolfo

The Enterprise model I have is only about 1 1/2 foot long - it is NCC1701D which was the biggest of them.

Reply to
Martin Imber

USS ENTERPRISE CVN-65 First nuclear powered Aircraft Carrier. Full size lenght about 385 meters. Best regards, Mario

Reply to
MarioG

Hi, I forgot "perhaps" from my speculation:) Enterprise sounds quite big:))) And also sub in 1/35 must be bigger.

Cheers, Niko "Rodolfo" kirjoitti viestissä news: snipped-for-privacy@libNOSPAMero.it...

Reply to
Niko Asposalo

Unicraft did a resin 1/72 backpack helicopter. No idea how many parts there were, but that's SMALL...

Wulf

Reply to
Wulf Corbett