Hobby hinges?

I am looking for hinges. Very small hinges. Hinges that can fold to 0 degrees and unfold to 180 degrees. Preferably 1/8? to ¼? wide. The arms really don?t matter as they will be cut/trimmed machined to size/shape.

I tried RC hinges but they don?t fold to 0 degrees.

Something like this but smaller and cheaper.

I have looked a bit but nothing is suggesting itself. Anyone see anything in a different endeavor (small woodworking projects, maybe) that might work?

Metal or plastic/delrin is fine.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

Didn't AMT make something like this back in the day for accurizing their 1:25 auto line? I remember seeing these at my brick 'n' mortar years ago (and not so long ago as well). Actually, I found a number of sources by typing in "Hinges for model cars" to Google and doing a search. The first two took me to ePay and the next batch were instructional videos on how to make them yourself.

Hope this helps, John Braungart

Reply to
The Old Man

Frank, have you checked a craft shop that delves into dollhouses? That's a possibility.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

Mad Modeller wrote in news:kLOdnatuxeVNejrQnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

I will look into that, thanks.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Another reason to wander the aisles at big box stores like Michaels and Hobby Lobby. Hey, I can use that on my models....sometimes its cheaper.

Reply to
frank

In the Dollar stores there will be small wood boxes with gold anodized metal hinges and a metal hasp. They function OK as hinges but are far from being sturdy or well finished. I am also curious as to what kind of wood the box is made from. There are other Made in China wood craft items made from the same stuff. Its light, balsawood-like but harder. Its quite easy to cut with a sharp knife. The color (darker) and grain is different from balsawood.

Reply to
PaPa Peng

Probably something aking to basswood....

Reply to
The Old Man

Aber makes some nearly scale hinges in brass -- they're do-it-yourself but quite small and nicely designed.

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

cheaper.http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=21468>

Try

Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in news:e7120ac4-d18c-4493-96e7-c12fc6fdc077 @w36g2000vbi.googlegroups.com:

I kinda give up the idea. I redid the hinges on the rear doors of the M55 so they looked better and had a wild hair about making the retraction arms workable. I have recovered my sanity and I?m just going to make it opened static. Gonna put a bit more detail into the arms though, I found that .060 plastic rod fits in 5/64 brass tube perfectly and I?m gonna trim the brass tube to look like the sleeves/stoppers. And just use a small piece of rod stock to replicate the appearance of the hinge.

This AMS thing is pretty irritating. And I don?t think of myself as advanced. Some things just look WRONG after looking at pictures. I wish I had more detail on the interior.

BTW, I think I actually may have some 8? projectiles in the Italeri Modern Battle Gear set I have, but I don?t see anything that looks like the powder bags. I don?t suppose you know size, shape and color or a good photos on the net?

Reply to
Gray Ghost

AFV Club made a set of 155mm/8" ammo in styrene which comes with projos and propellant canisters but they are 1/35. If scale is not a problem, then there you go!

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in news:cb90fa4e-75a6-46e6-869d-59ce8a0bcb27 @o26g2000vby.googlegroups.com: