Continuing my Ship Questions...

Since Blcher was a Hipper-class cruiser were there any obvious differences between the two? My online research hasn't turned up much as the pics I found are a bit
small.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.
Hi,
Have You tried looking here: http://www.bismarck-class.dk/index.html ? I guess she looked pretty much as they all did from the start, she didn't live long enough for modificationbs.
Claus Gustafsen
"Mad Modeller" skrev i meddelelsen
Since Blcher was a Hipper-class cruiser were there any obvious differences between the two? My online research hasn't turned up much as the pics I found are a bit small.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

I suppose the first question I'd ask is which kit do you have? That way one can check for reviews and see if it really is what it says it is on the box...

Cheers,
Moramarth
On 4/17/2011 7:21 AM, Moramarth wrote:

Revell's Blcher is the one I have in hand. I'm wondering if I can get away with buying another one and passing it as Hipper. Simple conversions will also work, if that's what it would take.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.
On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 01:01:48 -0500, Mad Modeller wrote:

I would like to see the WWI armoured cruiser "Blucher" as a kit.
Mad Modeller wrote the following:

Here is a site with drawings of both the Blucher and Hipper. 1. Blucher http://www.kbismarck.org/forum/viewtopic.php?tF9 2. Hipper http://www.kbismarck.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&tF8&start
I did not check for differences and can't verify its authenticity. It could be the same drawing for both ships.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

It looks like the good old Revell 1:720 kit (if only our inscrutable oriental friends had stuck to that scale instead of rounding up to 1:700!) was designed to be built as either Blcher or Prinz Eugen. The Revell site has links for .pdf files for the instructions so buy one and build either... However, there doesn't appear to be a Hipper option - she was originally completed with a straight stem, so perhaps her modified bow differs from the others?

Cheers,
Moramarth
On 4/18/2011 4:07 PM, Moramarth wrote:> <pre wrap>

Interesting as I noticed she was as long as Prinz Eugen but the latter is supposed to be longer. Trumpeter has a Hipper but I'm leery of their ship kits as they have a reputation as inaccurate and overly part-y. Thanks all for the info sites I've been directed to. There's a lot there that I will need as I stumble along on this project.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.