B17 questions

  1. does anyone have the building instructions for Academy/Minicraft
1:72nd B-17E (kit #2141) that he wouldn't mind scanning and mailing?

  1. can anyone tell me the differences between a B-17E and a B-17G, seeing how the kit is an E version, but my decal sheet is a G version.

TIA

Reply to
Nemesis

I'll take the easy one - a twin 50cal chin turret was intro'd on the G Models.

NEXT

WmB

Reply to
WmB

Wow, what a brainiac!

Reply to
skippy1

instruction sheets are for beginners!

Reply to
skippy1

instruction sheets are for beginners!

Reply to
skippy1

IIRC the G had staggered waist gun stations while the E and F had them back to back with the gunners banging into each other. I've flown in the G many times and I can see how it could be a problem.

When were the chin whiskers side nose guns with the baffle introduced?

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

The 'E' also had a smaller nose dome. No doubt the engines were an earlier Mark but what visual differences that made I don't know.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

The 'F', I believe. Since the Luftwaffe started coming around to the front where the armament was less those were part of an attempt to boost firepower forward.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

Try this excellent web site--it is in German and English. Excellent reference on the B-17 and all its variants.

Jack