1/72 Academy U-2?

Any U-2 experts out there familiar with the 1/72 Academy kit? I'm
thinking of building it OOB using the kit decals (white panels on
bottom, white canopy top).
Does anyone know a)what U-2 version the kit decals represent -- it
would have the small intakes -- and b)what unit and base the decals
represent?
Mucho thanx for any help!
Les (Friendly Airplane Asylum flack)
Reply to
UmTutSut
I have a web page on the identical Seminar kit, that also discusses the Academy kit. It will answer at least some of your questions. I haven't progressed very far with the kit myself, though.
Rob
My models:
Me 163B site:

Rob de Bie
both pages please us. you may flog the peasants.