1/72 Academy U-2?

Any U-2 experts out there familiar with the 1/72 Academy kit? I'm thinking of building it OOB using the kit decals (white panels on bottom, white canopy top).

Does anyone know a)what U-2 version the kit decals represent -- it would have the small intakes -- and b)what unit and base the decals represent?

Mucho thanx for any help!

Les (Friendly Airplane Asylum flack)

Reply to
UmTutSut

I have a web page on the identical Seminar kit, that also discusses the Academy kit. It will answer at least some of your questions. I haven't progressed very far with the kit myself, though.

Rob

My models:

Me 163B site:

Rob de Bie

both pages please us. you may flog the peasants.