White letters/numbers for GSB aircraft?

Gang,

I'm an aficionado of Glossy Sea Blue USN aircraft. Does anyone make a set of various-sized white letters and numbers that would be suitable for doing 1/72 squadron codes and aircraft and Bu.Nos.? If not, wouldn't that be a good product for a decal manufacturer to tackle?

My TBM-3E, SB2C-5, PB4Y-1 (and others) await....

Les (Friendly Airplane Asylum flack)

Reply to
UmTutSut

Superscale used to make sheets like that. You can check out Tally Ho! sheet 72-010. It's titled "USAF Codes" and has black, yellow and white lettering.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Dear Sir, I can print these out for you if you can't find the set you are looking for. I have several ALPS printers so I can print WHITE also, and have correct USN fonts for all lettering and numbers. Please feel free to contact me if interested in my service.

Barney Kable snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net

Reply to
Barney Kable

Barney,

Your Earthlink address is blocking me, and the utility that lets you add my address won't work for some reason. Here's my message:

Thanx for your message. I've seen you recommended by several modelers on different discussion groups.

What would you charge for an 8x10 sheet of white USN letters and numbers? If it works for you, I could produce the letters/numbers I want in, say, the Amarillo font using MS Word -- I only have the demo of the Long Beach font -- and then you could convert and print. If that doesn't work, I could produce the letters/numbers in pretty much any other program; my daughter is an art student, and has a bunch of software.

Les (Friendly Airplane Asylum flack) snipped-for-privacy@capaccess.org.com (remove ".com" from address)

Reply to
UmTutSut