Why double-lined letters

Big letters are printed in double-lined letters, buzt appear as full black letter. For example: the letter "I" is a long rectangle-line, but white inside.
On the screen it is a solid rectangle.
I tried to find some help on F1, but I did not. I did not know, which searching-words I should look for.
Thank You for Your help, Andrea.
When plotting make sure the text fill option is selected.
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.com

Sorry, I cannot find it. (I am using AutoCAD 2000)
Press "F1", then search for TEXTFILL