How to Remove Mold Seam on 1/12 Ferrari 312T Tires?

got one suggestion to sand them down. I like the idea of sanding down the tires to get a used look but that is gonna take some work to get the seam down and gone. A knife sounds to risky. Worth trying a seam scraper?

Craig

Reply to
who me?

Try freezing them so the flash gets hard and is easier to slice off.

Tom

Reply to
Tom H

If you have a Dremel, make some kind of chuck to hold the tire in place , take a piece of sandpaper and run the Dremel spinning the tire against the sandpaper. Makes the tiretread look used.

Reply to
Cklepp

And if you're doing it by hand, sand across the tread. I forget where I got that tip from, but since I've been doing it that way my tires look a lot better.

Reply to
Rufus

Reply to
Mike G.

Tape some 180 grit paper to a piece of glass and hold the tire by squeezing nee pinching the sidewalks and push down on the sand paper while giving it a rotational movement. Pinching the tire concentrates the sanding at the center eliminating the seam. After the seam is gone then reduce the pressure and sand out to the shoulder of the tire.

Reply to
The Model Hobbit

That sounds great; I'll be trying it. I usually use one of those four grit sanding sticks. Get the seam down with a heavy grit and follow with the lighter ones for a slightly used look. Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper