Model T Ford

Would anyone know of a walk around site for the Model T, either in photos or drawings? I'd like to get a look at the undersides of the vehicle. I did a Google search and found lots of tops but no bottoms....Hmmmmm?

Thanks all. cheers - Jim.

Reply to
Jim

Check the "car collector" clubs in your town. I bet there is at least one *real* Model T close to you. The owner would probably be thrilled to allow you to take as many photos as you want...thrilled that you have shown an interest.

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Have you tried this site?

-- Chuck Ryan Springfield OH

Reply to
Chuck Ryan

******* Great information - thanks. Now that you've set the wheels in motion I think I may even know a couple of guys who are 'nuts' in that field..... Thank you. cheers - Jim.
Reply to
Jim

***** I think I've got it. In addition to all of the good information provided by the readers of this site I had a flash and punched 'Hucks Starter' into Google instead of 'Model T' and, ta da! Up came lots of photos of the Shuttleworth vehicle and lots more to browse through. Many thanks all for taking the time to help me out......

Cheers - Jim.

Reply to
Jim

Jim,

Check out the Model T Ford Club of America at

and the Model T Ford Club International at
On the Hemmings site at
you will find a listing of car clubs that can be pulled up by make and model. There are many Model T Ford chapters across America and some carry rather interesting content on their websites.

Regards, Stan

Reply to
shoekstra

****** Great information Stan, thank you. I've taken a quick first look and have book marked them. Much appreciated. cheers - Jim.
Reply to
Jim

Au Contraire, CR!

There is a lot of detail missing on every Model T Ford kit chassis in 1:25 scale model form! None have the running board or front fender bracketry, which is very, very visible, none have the rear parking brake system, and none have the three control pedals attached to the side of the transmission housing, for starters. In addition, all of them miss completely the very visible rivet detailing which is quite easily seen on the 1:1. Incidently, the parking brakes on the rear wheels are controlled by solid pull-rods, acting with bellcrank clevis's from the hand brake lever to a cross-shaft, then rods back to the backing plates.

As for online sources of information, check out the Model T Ford Club International website, and their forum--there's a number of pics up there right now of a restored 26-27 T chassis completely done, ready for the body to be dropped onto it. In addition, just yesterday, a member put up some pics of a very nice :"barn find" '26 T 2-door sedan.

As for books, you can do no better than "Model T, The Car That Changed The World", or any of the several restoration books that are out there currently.

What is it you want to know? The T was a very simple machine and the only thing not really shown on even crude scale plastic renditions of it is a couple of cables (for the brakes).

-- C.R. Krieger (RMS' only remaining Car Guy©?)

Reply to
biscaybe4151

Art! Been wondering what it would take to scare you outta the woodwork. Hope thing's are going well with you - and you're not moving to China or sump'n.

The last real up-close recollection I have of a T was a Speedster conversion I got to ride in almost 20 years ago. Probably didn't actually have most of those details you mention - like anything to do with fenders or running boards. Guy's building it in 1/48, though. Probably part of an aircraft dio, if I had to guess. Personally, I'd paint it flat dark grey underneath and glue it to the base ... =8^O

-- C.R. Krieger (Gotta get on that MH '62 Chrysler wagon)

Reply to
C.R. Krieger