WB-47E info/decals?

Ok, so I'm thinking of building a 1/72 B-47 into a WB-47E weather recon version. In searching the net for info, I've come across photos such as this:

I think I've got the unit markings on the tail narrowed down. The one on the aft fuselage side is the Military Air Transport Service badge, as I discovered here:

Can anyone confirm the one on the side of the vertical stabilizer? I'm pretty sure it is the emblem of the Air Force Weather Agency, which is a shield with a wind meter on it. I have found good examples of it online, but I can't seem to find any good adaptable images of the MATS logo as pictured.

Does anyone know if such decals exist in 1/72? I've heard that there was once a decal sheet for a WB-47E, but I can't seem to find any available out there. I think the "MATS Connie" kit from Minicraft has a MATS logo, but thats in 1/144 scale. I'm guessing the C-97 Stratofreighter kit from Academy might have one too, but I'm not quite ready to spend $50 for one decal...yet.

So short of that, I just may try and create some decals on the ol' printer. Of course, any other info or suggestions, or other references are sincerely appreciated.

-Eric

Reply to
skyliner

ISTR one of Minicraft's boxings of the Hasegawa kit had Wx decals.

Reply to
frank