Disney Moon/Mars Rocket

The Strombecker kit in its various guises is a 1/72 scale model of the rocket that originally stood in front of the Disneyland attraction. I have never been able to fnd an affordable complete kit, but I would really like to get a complete box. Anybody out there have one to spare?

The Glencoe kit has the same parts and I have one of those. Does anybody have the intact decal sheet? If I could borrow one I can make a color photocopy on decal stock and at least have a completed model next to the box.

I actually have a complete Rocket To the Moon in 1/72, but not the Strombecker kit. This one came out earlier this year as a Disney collectible. Cast metal, wired for light on a stand with a represention of the attracton building and poster in glass behind it. Viewed straight on it's a 3D version of the orignal poster. Cost about $200, very limited run.

While we are at it: How about a Revell Peter Pan Pirate Ship, Haunted Manson, Pirates of the Carribean, Frontierland wagons, Hasegawa Disney Tokyo airliners or any other Disney models?

TIA

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

i have the lindberg pirate ship, but it's a keeper. we sniffed at disney kits when i was young...too corny.

Tom - I seem to recall in a conversation with Nick Argento that the Glencoe decals could be morphed into the original version. Note that "Fastway" could become the original TWA by removing the "FAS" and the "Y". The rest of the decals were the same design. Trouble was my set of decals exploded when they hit the water.

Reply to
Old Timer

The Lindberg and Revell kits are quite different, or so I'm told. I'm looking for the Revell kit for the Disney tie-in specfically. They released the same kit in a green glow plastic, but no Disney tie-in. I've been told that they go for around $40 on e-bay. Maybe I'll try there. Never dealt with that medium before.

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

That's great! I just checked the decal and it is as described. I'll give it a shot.

I'll also give the decal a coatng of clear just in case.

Thanks,

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72