Captain Kidd Pirate Ship...

I saw one of these recently on a Long's store. Someone, awhile back, said this is the same as the Captain Hook Pirate Ship. Is this true? If it is, I may try getting back into modeling again. It looks like a good sized model. Didn't notice who manufactured the kit...sorry. IF it is the same, how would you make it into the Capt. Hook variation? Thanks!!! Eric Ferguson

Reply to
Eric Ferguson

Probably exactly the same kit in a new box. It happens (a lot!)

RobG (the Aussie one)

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

What you saw was a Lindbergh reissue of an old Pyro kit. The Disney pirate ship was/is a Revell kit, quite different BUT should be an easy find as it was reissued as the Glow-in-the

-dark Pirate Ghost Ship, which thankfully does NOT come in luminous plastic, but in black with a bottle of glow paint.

-John

Reply to
Pacific95

I have been looking for the original Disney model for ages without any luck. I have just started surfing e-bay, so maybe my luck will change.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

The Ghost Ship was a german Revell kit put back out only a few years ago in a mostly black box. I'll see what I can do but it may just have dried up from the market while I wasn't looking.

-John

Reply to
Pacific95

WHAT!!!

Next thing you'll be telling me is that Peter has grown up and is now a lawyer!

Cheesh! Some people.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

saw him in the village selling crack ho magazine.

No, don't be silly; I heard he was an accountant......

The Old Timer

No Man, Peter is a Program Director for a back water FM station some where in the Texas Panhandle. He drinks his bourbon straight up and main lines Kiwi shoe polish. It really sorry to see what a early success did to the man/kid/creature. Mike

Reply to
Mike Keown

THANKS for all the feedback I got on the model (and the one IS a Lindbergh issue). I went back and looked. It's $17 and I just may buy it, even though I'm short on funds). When Don mentioned that the Capt. Hook ship is fictitious, I have to agree, but Disney DID have a full scale version in Disneyland at one time as a restaurant. I "played" on it as a kid.....Also appreciated his "history" lesson on actual pirate ships, which I already knew, but liked the reminder.

Again, THANKS to all. I'm still going to look (and if I find that Revel model, I'll but it, despite funds shortness). Really appreciated ALL the postings.....(You mean Peter Pan GREW UP......The Horror ). Eric

Reply to
Eric Ferguson

Yep. Chicken of the Sea Pirate Ship. One of the best "free form" playgrounds in the park.

The Revell kit is listed as 1/72 scale (as is the Strombecker Disney Rocket To the Moon, my other major want). They make an unusual project to do Disney attractions in The One True Scale. :-)

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Yes, I am and I'll have to pick one up for the project.

Still looking for an original with Disney logo, box art, etc. Actually I am looking for any Disney logo plastic models, there were quite a few.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

I've built the Revell Disney ship. Twice. Once when I was just a kid (a friend sat on it..curses), once a couple years ago. Went together well, looks absolutely charming when complete. 1/72 sounds about right for the scale, based on the size of the doors.

Steve H

Eric Fergus>

Reply to
snh9728

That's the kind of information that a Disney fan can find in a great magazine called "E Ticket". It is limited to Disneyland (California) and features tons of color and b&w photos, both current and period.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72