Any non-vehicle vintage collectors around?

I have some of the vehicle kits too... Deal's Wheels...Tom Daniels stuff for sure... the AMC "Lil" kits oh yeah... Aurora monster rods, Roth finks, Mouse flypogger, MPC Stroker Mcgurk & surf kits yada yada... all very nifty, but hardly the endall... Anybody into the old Renwal stuff... Addar stuff... Aurora figure kits... the various AMT hobby kits... Remco flock n feather, etc... the Bachmann line is really neat... Hell, even Bandai had a host of movie monsters and dinosaur kits... Eldon 3d scenics are super cool and rare... the Halcyon Alien stuff is awesome... Hawk had a ton of neat stuff from space to science to Weird-Ohs... Lifelike World of... the ITC fuzzy bumblebee and paratrooper were super neato kits... the Lindberg Line was stacked with goodies, c'mon - lighthouse, 3d Artorama, Snoopy, Loonies, all those clocks... MPC had a goldmine of fun stuff

- gigantics, glo-heads, road runner & wile e coyote, all those licensed tv models... Multiple kits are rare and wondrous... Precision... Superior... Pyro... Park's... Tonka... Advent... Gowland... Marx... Mego... for instance, I just found an old Eldon Globe Maker kit... amazing box art, huge... like $5 in 1960... full kit for making a spinning, shaft mounted globe w/all landmasses in relief to scale... coolest thing I ever saw... just interested in hearing about other people's finds and stuff...

Todd

Reply to
PrksKtKt

i like all that stuff. lindberg and matchbox are fun. i am not an expert modeler, ruining $100 kits learning to be just isn't in the realm of possibilities. so i work on old, cheap and interesting kits. some of them are only available in old lines. that globe sounds cool. anychance of scans of some pics?

Reply to
uff

I have a few of the Bachmann birds and some of the old Aurora figures. I've seen the bee kit as well as a Monogram (yes!) zebra built-up. At one time all that stuff was economically feasible to produce. Bachmann's tried again with the birds about 12 years ago but they disappeared fast so I guess they weren't that big a success this time.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Take a look at

- we'd be glad to have you join us!

Reply to
Al Superczynski

At the Nats I finally found "Leaky Boat Louie" (the nineties re-issue) for a decent price. I think that completes the set. Aurora monsters are big here as well as wild west vechicles (covered wagon, buckboard.) Finding this oddball stuff is hard; you won't find it at most model meets. Gotta scrounge flea markets or antique stores (who usually have them way overpriced.) Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

I collect (or rather would like to collect if I could find the) Disney models.

My #1 want is the Revell Peter Pan pirate ship. Not an expensive kit, just one that I have not found yet. I don't use e-bay, so it's a slow search.

#2 is the Strombecker Moon Rocket. It is actually a 1/72 scale model of the display rocket in Disneyland, as is the pirate ship. I have the Glencoe kit and I' looking for a Strombecker box and decals. If I can borrow a set of decals I'll copy them onto decal paper and at least have a built model.

The rest are harder to find. There were several Disney spacecraft from Strombecker, Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Carribean from MPC (why they were not released again when the movies came out is one of any reasons to be rid of Eisner), Hasegawa's Disney Tokyo airliners (I have the JAL 747), and the Frontierland stage coach, etc.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Too bad you don't try eBay, I just saw one go there for about $75.00. It looked to be identical to a UPC version that went for $30.00. As for Eisner, he's an idiot who is slowly destroying what ol' Walt put together. The only thing that Eisner put together that was worth anything was his redo of Davy Crockett, and even that was cut way too short.

The Old Timer

(snip)

I developed a short tune (sung to the "Mickey Mouse Club March") that has become popular with shareholders:

E-I-S-N-E-R, time for him to go!

Which subject was that? The Pirate ship goes from $30-50.

Cheers,

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

One needs only compare the careers of Annette and that Spears tramp to see the difference in Disney and Eisner, IMHO.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Sorry I wasn't clearer, I meant the Disney Stage Coach.

The Old Timer

Ah, thank you. I was wondering what those were going for.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Bunch of figures, mostly Aurora, Elastolin, IMAI, Nitto (SF3D), Testor's (Jimmy Flintstone), Kaiyodo and Sharkit. Lot of Castles, mostly Faller, Kibri, Auhagen, and the Lindberg Lighthouse. AMT Space 1999 Lunar Base

This what you're looking for?

The Old Timer

yeah, those are the kinds of kits i have... hundreds of em... tv and comics figures... low production resin jobs... old weird plastic kits... don't have any castle kits, though... better look into that... got a variety of diorama type kits... hobby type kits... remco flock n feather... bead art... things in bottles kits... totem kits... thanks for sharing guys... just don't want to be the only oddball collector running around... i always wanted one of those bigass Godzilla kits, that's like 4 feet tall... too spendy though, Kyosho... I think...

Reply to
PrksKtKt

Here's a shot of one at the Nationals:

Cheers,