Any old figure modellers around?

re: Verlinden 120mm No.1006 North African Crossbowman 16th C.
I bought and started this figure years ago and am currently in the
painting process, the old creative juices having started flowing again. It's a nice figure with a few problems, but nothing insurmountable. My query though is does anyone have any more information about it? What army is he from, what nationality might he be? What campaign would he be taking part in?
Thanks RobG (the Aussie One)
re: Verlinden 120mm No.1006 North African Crossbowman 16th C.
I bought and started this figure years ago and am currently in the painting process, the old creative juices having started flowing again. It's a nice figure with a few problems, but nothing insurmountable. My query though is does anyone have any more information about it? What army is he from, what nationality might he be? What campaign would he be taking part in?
Picture here http://www.verlindenonline.com/store/product_info.php?products_id 77
Thanks RobG (the Aussie One)

he still doesn't look 16th century.