B-52D

As I have postponed my plans for a 1/72 B-52H I am now considering
a D-model...
by the way: did these aircraft have the standard SEA camo scheme when
flying over Vietnam? (34102/079/30219 over black) or were it the SAC
colors which FS-numbers now escape me. (like on the FB-111 I have)
Ingo
Reply to
Ingo
SAC Southeast Asia Colors for the B-52D were different from the TAC colors. Uppersurfaces were 34079 green, 34159 blue-green, and 34201 Tan. Undersurfaces were gloss black.
Reply to
Tom G
The scheme was called the SIOP scheme. Steve
Tom G wrote:
Reply to
Steve Collins
SIOP and Southeast Asia were different, even in SAC. SOUTH EAST ASIA (SEA) scheme, applied to B-52Ds and expoerimantaly to a couple of Gs, was the standard SAC greens (34079, 34159, 34201) over gloss BLACK FS17038. SIOP, as used on B-52Es, Fs, Gs, and Hs until the mid 1980s, was the SAC greens over gloss WHITE FS 17875. My sources: USAF Camouflage Handbook T.O. 1-1-4 T.O. 1B52G-23 24 years of crewing and supporting B-52s in SAC and Air Combat Command (including a couple working bomber/tanker camouflage)
Steve Coll> The scheme was called the SIOP scheme.
Reply to
Tom G
I bow to your greater knowledge. Steve
Tom G wrote: