Top Flite Corsair - again

OK, you guys know I have a Top Flite 1/7 Corsair in the building list. It was a Christmas present to my wife. She wants to be sure y'all know she does not fly. I'm building and flying the model for her.

Now - to the question. Mine is the older kit and I want to use the full cockpit offered by Top Flite. The "conversion package" to make the old kit accept the cockpit is $40 at Tower. For a few pieces of wood and some instructions, I think this is exhorbitant. Has anyone put the full cockpit in the old version without using the conversion kit? Let me kow how and what's necessary to do this. TIA! Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"

Reply to
Dr1Driver

I put a full cockpit in the older version many, many moons ago. But the basis of the cockpit was the Royal Cockpit kits. I didn't use it exact either but scratch built much of it. Turned out pretty good though!

Chuck

Reply to
C.O.Jones

That's good to hear. I've been building and scratch-building about 20 years, and I gotta believe I can retro-fit a cockpit without a $40 "conversion kit".

BTW, there's a great thread in RCUniverse concerning modifications and problems with this kit.

Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"

Reply to
Dr1Driver

Yeh, but after going to all that trouble and expense for her do you REALLY think she will let you use her vacuum cleaner?

David

Reply to
David

I have my own vacuum in the shop, thank you. :) However, since I am the "stay-at-home" partner, I DO use "her" vacuum a lot. :) And let me tell ya, guys, IT PAYS OFF! ;)

BTW, she encourages me to spend time building and flying.