Got a Beechcraft Bonanza Top Flite Kit ???

Got a Beechcraft Bonanza Top Flie Kit ????-If you have a NEW Beechcraf

Bonanza Top Flite Kit, let me know. I'll buy it !!!!

-- xbje

----------------------------------------------------------------------- xbjei's Profile:

this thread:

xbjei

IF you find someone willing to part with one, they will be asking a minor fortune for it.

Maybe if enough people contact Top Flite asking for a Bonanza, they will reintroduce it for a while. I think TF has done that once already. When I had saved up the pennies to order one, they had been discontinued. About 1 year later, the Bonanza was available for about

6 months, I got mine with a cockpit kit, and was discontinued again!

David

View this thread:

David AMA40795 / KC5UH

I sold one on ebay a few months ago for $252.50

>View this thread:

jim

Ya... pissed me off too.

I bought a Top Flite Elder 40 from the LHS about 10 years ago. The model had been discontinued for quite some time. The kit was in great shape, except either the plans had shrunk, or the wood had expanded. I think it was the plans because all of the wood parts were oversized by the same percentage and still fit in the box.

I contacted TF and was informed that plans were not available for discontinued kits.

Okay... so how did they reintroduce the model if they didn't have the plans?

--- Rich

Rich Lockyer

They had the plans, the originals. They just didn't have copies for general sale to the public. Remember that this was 10 years ago, in the EARLY days of digital media. Not everything was online like it is today. Nowadays they can probably just punch the plans up on a computer and print them out for you. Back then it was a real chore that most assuredly consumed the better part of an hour just to make one copy (find 'em in the pile, copy 'em on the blueprint machine, figure out where they came from, and put 'em back).

Reply to
Mathew Kirsch

Hi,

Yeah, the Bonanza is a great airplane, and I'd like to model one also! I own a full-scale A-36, so that's the one I'd like to model ;-)! When Top Flite was making the Bonanza, I think that it could be configured with a "V-tail" or a "Straight-tail", is that correct?? If it was a straight-tail, I think it was the 4 seat F-33A version, wasn't it? I'd probably have to modify the kit to create the stretched 6 seat A-36.

John

xbjei wrote:

Reply to
John Morley

Gerard Feeney did a review of the Bonanza for RCME.

He built the normal tail version rather than the butterfly.

I know he would like to sell the finished model but the shipping costs for such a model from Ireland could be prohibitive.

Still, you did ask for a kit and he might be willing to send the plan, or a copy of it at cost.

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm Fisher

And I can see it now! When asked for your scale documentation you simply point to your tie down spot and toss the judge the keys! Heh! Heh!

Reply to
C.O.Jones

Another possibility I just thought of......... In a 1972 ( IIRC ) issue of American Aircraft Modeler, the predecessor to Model Aviation, there was a construction article for a Bonanza built with a foam core wing. I have the issue and tried to blow up the magazine size plans to full size - did not work very well.

Maybe you can rattle someone's cage at AMA to see if they can locate the plans.

David

View this thread:

David AMA40795 / KC5UH

I've got a bonanza kit brand new in the box. been opened just to loo

inside. I may be able to be pursuaded to part with it.

Rob

nknapton at telus dot ne

-- rknapto

this thread: