One of My Cats Stole a Piece of a Model !!!!!!!!

serves me right for building up to 2am last nite. forgot to put the stuff away on the kitchen table....

little buggers probably swatted it under the frig or stove, never to be seen again..... was just about done with it too

Craig

Reply to
crw59

Jim Atkins

Maybe one of them ate it and you should check the litter box in a day or so. :-)

Reply to
Pat Flannery

One of ours would steal small items - wheel out of the kitchen dryer I was working, my badge for work etc. Stuff always ended up in the northwest corner of the basement. Whenever something small was missing I'd look there first with 100% success. They can bat things around a good distance.- you might widen your search.

Val Kraut

Reply to
Val Kraut

Many years ago we adopted a baby Racoon. As he got older and harder to manage, we began to leave him in the locked garage while we were away at work.

Due to a lack of space in our duplex, most of my unbuilt models were also consigned to storage boxes out in the garage. (You can guess what happened, right?) This particular Racoon became very adept at opening and exploring cardboard boxes.

Shortly after we gave the 'coon up for adoption we discovered his cache of prized possessions hidden behind a partially finished wall. Yah - shiny things, smooth rocks, odd bent nails and..........select parts from some of my models!!

The Racoon seemed to have specialized tastes as most of the parts recovered had been removed from aircraft models........more specifically........Frog kits of German Aircraft! Canopies, propellors, bombs; all were carefully hidden away til the day he could retire and get around to modeling.

Sound familiar?

~Rick

Reply to
unamodeler

Reply to
frank

Up till this point, I thought trying to build models in a place that had cats in it was asking for trouble...but a racoon will top a cat any day of the week in this regard...okay, now somebody tell us about the problems their pet monkey causes in regards to building models. :-)

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

That be a great title for a kid's movie about a ghost cat. :-)

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

Best monkey story I heard was from of member of our schools anthropology department. He was working on a project somewhere in SE Asis and the people he was staying with had a pet monkey that liked to climb up above a person who was eating and urinate on him. Picture the post - removing uric acid crystals from Tamiya arcylics, restoring peed on decals, polishing stained brass detail sets, the list goes on.

How about mutated termites that eat resin and plastic - there's a thought for nightmares.

Val Kraut

"> Up till this point, I thought trying to build models in a place that had

Reply to
Val Kraut

Down the ho-ole!

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Back in 1959 we moved from Sausalito to Corte Madera, only a few miles, so packing was sort of haphazard.

My dad built all kinds of kits, but his favorte were antique cars. He had all of the old Gowland & Gowland cars built, among other things. When we moved he warpped each one in tissue paper and fit them into open topped cradboard boxes. The boxes went onto shelves high up in the garage, never to be unpacked.

About twenty years ago I found the boxes and unpacked them. Almost all of the cars had been partially eaten by mice or rats. The plastc was an early type, not styrene, and they apparently developed a taste for it. I ended up washing them all and selling them to a guy who used them for a junkyard diorama.

I did keep one model that my father made. It's a Strombecker (IIRC) wooden train, one of the very early ones with the stagecoach-like cars and the small boiler with a tall smokestack. All painted with laquers in those days.

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

If it's any comfort those acetate cars don't age well. I have the Stanley and it has warped out of shape quite a bit. Someday, I promise myself, I'm building one of those cars from scratch in 1/25th. I did get as far as the frame.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Ferd Berfel

" snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@t8g2000prg.googlegroups.com:

Which is yet another reason why I hate cats...

RobG

Reply to
RobG

RobG wrote

Oops - sorry Major Rob. (c:

RobG (The Aussie One)

Reply to
RobG

Ha!!! All you guys are just jealous!! The cat was simply gearing up to win a Best in Show at the next model meet (with the raccoon coming in a close second).

The raccoon probably would have won, but he just couldn't get out of the habit of painting black circles around the eyes of all the figures in his dioramas.

Andy

Reply to
Andy

Funny you mentioned that............

I recall a certain former member of this newsgroup who had a monkey that rode a tricycle .

Reply to
Kevin(Bluey)