Is there any way to "die" plastic a different color?

I'm doing some kit-bashing and have several parts that need to be a different color. I don't want to paint them because the paint will wear off in places. Is there a way to "DIE" the plastic a different color? Some of these pieces are white if that matters.

Reply to
pr7820

It's already dead. Unless you mean DYE as in a different color. Then the answer is no. You will have to paint it, unless you want to melt and remold it.

Reply to
mikeg

If indeed he does mean dye it, RIT dye will work to tint it at least.

Reply to
frank

You might want to look into some of these products. For what it's worth, I used a similar product to dye some white PVC pipe on the outside of my house black about 10 years ago, and it still looks as black as the day I sprayed it. (It looks like cast-iron pipe instead of PVC pipe.)

Alexander Arnakis