Kinda OT: Field matching in Appleworks DB

It's sort of On topic, it does deal with a model database... 8-)

OK, I don't know quite where to go with this, but I know there are a few Mac users here. I'm working with a model database in Applworks 6. I've got it pretty much figured out, except for trying to "match" items. Using "+, =, , etc" is a snap. But how about something such as "field contains?" Boolean logic wasn't something I ever studied and the Boolean arguments presented in the "match" dialog don't help at all. Here's my f'rinstance. In the KIT field I've got F4Us listed as "Vought F4U-1 Corsair," "Vought F4U-5N Corsair," "Vought F4U Corsair IV," etc. Now in my old version of MICROSOFT Works, I could do a search on the field and select "Item containing XXX" enter F4U and get all my F4Us in one match list. How do I do this in Appleworks?

Don McIntyre Clarksville, TN

Reply to
Don McIntyre

Try one of the comp.sys.mac.* newsgroups, such as comp.sys.mac.apps. Just because there are a few Mac users here, doesn't necessarily mean any of them will know the right answer.

Reply to
Wayne C. Morris

Thanks, Wayne. I'll check it out. Just thought I'd try the "easy" way first. 8-)

Don

Reply to
Don McIntyre