Kit Suggestions

Hi All:

It's been many, many years since I've put together a kit, so I thought I'd canvas the group for suggestions. My interests in the past have been 1\48 or better, ww2 aircraft, especially twin engine. I'd prefer to start out with a relatively easy build and then work up from there, so I'm wondering if the group could come up with some recommendations.

Also, what web modeling sites do you recommend?

Any assistance you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
Grover

A great kit that fits your subjects would be a 1:48 Tamiya P-47. An excellent kit, a real ego booster because it goes together flawlessly.

Websites:

Do a little lurking to find the one that best fits you and your personality as well as modeling interests. Each forum has it's own unique flavor.

Reply to
bluumule

Much apprciated. Thank you!

Much appreciated. Thank you! I'll take a peek at the sites this even> A great kit that fits your subjects would be a 1:48 Tamiya P-47. An

Reply to
Grover

Tamiya 1/48 Spitfire. Either the Mk I or Mk V versions, for the same reasons as the P-47.

Enzo Matrix

Or a 1/48 Beaufighter by.... sorry, Tamiya again. For the same reasons as the P47 and the Spitfire. There's a pattern beginning to emerge here.

Reply to
flak monkey

in article snipped-for-privacy@2g2000hsn.googlegroups.com, Grover at snipped-for-privacy@seaside.ns.ca wrote on 4/9/08 11:03 AM:

Just about any Tamiya 1/48 kit is going to be a nice build, if you don't mind spending a bit more. Seeing you mentioned twin engine, their Mosquito is an outstanding kit and a great build. I did the FB Mk. VI, the first offering in the series; they've also got a B Mk. IV.

Pip Moss

Reply to
Pip Moss

LOL

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Not to rock the Tamiya boat, but I'd suggest you find a subject that inspires you FIRST...then think about what model kits and manufacturers are out there.

For websites, get yourself an ID to use hyperscale

and get used to posting questions in its discussion forums. It's a very informative group and you'd be shocked how responsive they are.

---- Stephen

Reply to
Stephen Tontoni

the revell/monogram he 111 is a great kit to get back in the swing. it's fairly accurate as to size and dimensions, comes with a good bit of detail, but can be super-detailed. you can hang bombs or a torpedo and it's easy to find and not expensive. the 88 is also good.

Reply to
someone

suggest you also subscribe to greatmodels.com newsletter so you know what is coming up, etc. cybermodeler.com also has a daily "what's new" section. For starters you may want to stay away from Trumpeter kits. Besides the price, their kits usually come with way, way too many pieces, most of them so small that the old farts here at RMS cannot see them.... So as was suggested before, what theme interests you?

Craig

Reply to
crw59