liquid masks?

Pros, cons, particular brands? I have bottles of Ambroid EZ Mask, Microscale, Parma International and a latex/ammonia based liquid frisket from Hobby Lobby. The ammonia-based one I've had problems with over acrylic for what are now obvious reasons. The others I haven't tried yet. I did a quick overnight test with the Ambroid for peelability, and it wasn't too bad, but it was hard to get off all in on piece; there were still minute traces left that I had to pick off. I'm starting to delve into figures, and masking with tape isn't going to get it done, and the liquids, as far as my experiments show, could be a nightmare getting out of all the little crooks and nannies. Anyone have any suggestions? And, no, I can't just hand paint--I don't have steady enough grabbers (the old saying about dogs and peach pits?).

Reply to
Disco58

Ron Smith

My experience using Silly Putty is that it leaves an oily residue that causes paint to "bead up" if applied over the area previously masked with Silly Putty. I've found that the wall tack putty used for attaching small photos etc. to a wall works just as good as Silly Putty but doesn't leave the oily residue. I can't recall the exact name of the tack putty I have, but it is readily available at WalMart and other stores.

Martin

Reply to
The Collector

Reply to