Making Model Tracks for RNLI Mersey Class Lifeboat Carriage

Hi all..
Does anyone know of a supplier or URL on how to make tracks for a track machines such as the RNLI Talus Tractor and Carriage unit.
I'm gathering together all the knowledge I can for building a 1/12th scale RNLI Mersey Class Lifeboat with Talus Launching tractor and Carriage.
I'm also looking for a supplier or URL of tank running gear as I'm going to based the Talus Tractor on tank running gear.
If I'm going to do it, I'm doing it in style!
Regards
Declan Barry Regards
Declan Barry
Will these be for a RC or static model?
Rusty Bates

Hi Rustry..
They'll be for an RC model. The whole shebang will be based of a 1/12th scale version of the tractor, carriage and lifeboat.
Regards
Declan
On 4 Oct 2004 03:54:01 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@netscape.net (Rusty Bates) wrote:

Regards
Declan Barry
12th scale and RC! Should be a nice project. I've seen a few pictures of the tractor with treads. The pictures weren't good enough to get a great view of the links but close enough to seen that the options are few. If I were doing this project I wuld consider using a zinc alloy and perhaps a silicon mold for each link. The mold material can be purchased through a jewelry supply house such as Rio Grande at Riograde.com
I suppose you could look into resin materials but I suspect the tracks will not hold up long due the stress placed onto the tracks. The middle of the track appears to look close enough to conveyor chain (Can't think of the proper name for it right off hand.) and you may be able to find something close enough to scale to suit your purpose. Just depends upon how scale you are really after.
Another option would to build a master track link, then have a small company place this into a spin casting machine setup.
I and a few others are involved in a RC 1/6 scale T34-85 Russian tank model. The tracks for this were made using the spin casting method. You can see some of the work at http://www.geocities.com/eastpac01/index.html
Rusty Bates

Many thanks for that..
I'll have a better look at photogarphs of the actual tracks.
Regards
Declan
On 4 Oct 2004 17:55:42 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@netscape.net (Rusty Bates) wrote:

Regards