mk 16 spitfire

help i would like to model a mk 16 spitfire in 1/48 or 1/32 scale. ann kits or drawing available. the mk 16 spifire im modeling would have e armerment and full eliptical wing. and a bubble top. i try to model it as the aircraft of A.C.M. sir James M. Rob this plae was painted raf azure blueover all, with 5 white stars on a red banner. any help woould be usefull. please send respond to snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
Mjmuscar

Right now you'll have to do a lot of scratchin a Mk XVI in 1:32 scale, there's a lot of High back versions, all with short nose as in before the Mk VIII/IX , and one bubbletop Mk 22/24 from Matchbox supposedly to be released by AMT later again this year. So no easy way to do it in 1:32, but in 1:48 there might be, but that's not my scale!

Reply to
Claus Gustafsen

ICM makes a 1/48 Spit XVI with bubble top, but clipped wings. You could use the wing tips off another Spit kit, maybe ICM's Mk.VIII.

Reply to
August Horvath

August:

I have built that Mk.16e kit, it includes the standard wingtips, it just tells you to commit them to the spares bin.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

The MK 16 was externally identical to the MK IX, so any Mk IXe kit will work for your project.

Reply to
Jeff C

snippage

While AMT released that kit in their boxing after Lesney bought them, Revell AG now owns all the Matchbox molds. I doubt they'd be able to re-issue it unless AMT had the mold stashed prior to the sale. AMT seems to be currently focusing on automotive subjects and having Italeri do the aircraft. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper