Model Master Acryl

Hi all - I'm painting a German Luftwaffe fighter using Model Master in my sprayer and was wondering, what is the composition of their thyinner? Is it the same as the PolyScale? It doesn't smell like alcohol, or mineral spirits, for that matter. What is it? I've gotten some great finishes with this, but the local Hobbytown is charging an-arm-and-a leg for a bottle, if I can get it elsewhere cheaper, I'm all for that! Thanx!

Reply to
The Old Man

i use generic laquer thinner with the mm enamels.

oops, i just saw acrylic...don't use them but 90% alky should work fine.

MM says that "thinning isnt necessary for most application" .....dont believe it.... I jammed up my ab BIGGGG time. I have had the same problem finding an inexpensive thinner for Tamiya acryls. Is there an inexpensive alternative?

Reply to
mcarney52

"mcarney52" wrote in news:hZ6Nf.36015$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr25.news.prodigy.net:

Windex or windshield washer fluid. It has a surfacant to make it flow nicely. And the blue dye doesn't show up.

Reply to
Mustapha, P

The Acryl tinner works best and is cheap enough to use as it's meant to be used, by drops. It is mostly ethylene glycol.

Reply to
Ron Smith

Alcohol or windshield washer fluid.

Reply to