Molding model parts

I saw this on a Micro-Mark website.

or:

I don't know how long this product has been around.

There could be many uses for this in model making, like molding individual body parts (arms, legs, head, helmets, etc), or other simple recasting. Some complicated injection molded parts probably not so easy, or impossible. Any other ideas?.

Reply to
willshak

Haven't seen this one before, Bill. I bought the whole casting package from MicroMark a couple of years ago but have never gotten around to trying anything. (Not sure about the age limit on that resin or mold material) Looks like you would encase your pattern in the subject liquid stuff, let is harden and then split the mold to get the pattern out. Make a hole in the mold and fasten/glue(?) the mold back together to get a "container" for the resin. Sounds like a real lot of trouble for 1 part that you have already made. Guess that's why I have never gotten brave enough to try it...

Tom

Reply to
Tom Thompson

Did you check out the video on that page? I couldn't get sound but the video is pretty intuitive without it.

Reply to
willshak

Your right, Bill. Looks pretty straight forward. Will keep it in mind.

T2

Reply to
Tom Thompson