More eBay silliness...

Check out the price, and the shipping price as well. The dude is nutz...

This kit usually lists on eBay at around $20-$30 which, given that it has some resin parts and "special" decals is not unreasonable. But what this dude wants is far beyond rational expectations.

-ahill

Reply to
hill4448

I spent more than enough on ebay, sometimes people had no idea what the kit was they were selling. I've found better places to get my plastic. Squadron, hobbylinc, usual suspects. Sometimes Ebay had insane prices.

Reply to
frank

I spent more than enough on ebay, sometimes people had no idea what the kit was they were selling. I've found better places to get my plastic. Squadron, hobbylinc, usual suspects. Sometimes Ebay had insane prices.

eBay can be really weird at times. I saw one kit bid up to over $300 and managed to buy two from a hobby shop on-line for $30 each the next week, Also saw one "out of Production kit" partially built (started) go for $500 while one of the big distributers was offering it as a Christmas special for well under $100.

Val Kraut

Reply to
Val Kraut

Sometimes it goes the other way and you can get something rare for a good price. That's why I keep looking but I seldom buy from there anymore...

Reply to
rfranklin

Val Kraut wrote: : : I spent more than enough on ebay, sometimes people had no idea what : the kit was they were selling. : Or buying. ebay must be a sociologists wet dream - there are so many people doing stupid/irrational things.

Oh well - caveat emptor.

There has been a fellow attemptig to sell a 1/72 scale robot/ fighting suit transporter (think gundam) for 119.99. Not sure why he thinks this will work - it is grossly overpriced for what you get. Nobody seems interested.

At least our friend seems to have ceased attempting to sell that 1/48 Monogram F-4 Phantom for 99.99. Or, worse, some fool bought it for that price... Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

Mostly what i get there are the 1/144 'gashopon' kits from Japan, hence my question sometime ago about F-toys/CafeRio/Algernon kits. I just finished up a 1/144th F-106 the other day and it was fun and less than a Revell kit of the same plane would be.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

True, I got a Pyro Bleriot and Avro Biplane (Magnificent Flying Machines series) plus a 1906 Renault off eBay for less than 1/4 what an original Inpact Avro Bipe went for. I didn't care which version as all I wanted was the kit to build. I am not a collector and watched with amazement as the Inpact Avro went from 15 pounds (my bid) to 59 pounds in the last 5 seconds of the auction. I believe the word for people like that is 'gazumper', coming in at the last second to stop anyone else bidding. From what happened I think two of these bottom-dwellers hit their 'Confirm' buttons at the same time. Our local auction site (Trademe, NZ) has a far better system in that any bid in the last two minutes automatically puts a delay on auction close so that closure only takes place when there have been no bids for two minutes. In an aside on eBay, I notice a lot more US sellers are offering USPS First Class as an option now. The extortionate international rates for USPS Priority and Express mail have put me off buying many kits from there and I think the sellers have finally woken up. Not lost a First Class parcel yet and they arrive in 8-10 days.

Tony Chch NZ

Reply to
Stadia